Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Visiting Family...

Unfortunately I don't have pictures from my adventure North. Basically I didn't bring batteries for the camera. There's a little more to it than that, but that's what it boils down to. I did have an enjoyable trip though, so I thought I'd share some of the highlights. The kids did great in the car, I'm so thankful! Round-trip, we drove almost 1,700 miles.
Lily, of course, had a wonderful time exploring with her great-grandpa and learning about lady bugs, John Deere tractors, and birds nests. She loved hanging out in the trailer, which was where my mom was sleeping. I think it was like a secret hideout vibe or something. She enjoyed meeting my aunts, uncles and cousins. The cutest thing she did was try and comfort Riley. He had a difficult time adjusting to not sleeping in his own bed. As the two were sharing a room, this made things more interesting. I walked in to get him after listening to him cry, and cry....and cry, only to find that Lily had decided that he needed her blankies, his books and her stuffed animal. How sweet of her to try and help.
Riley got his first tooth on the way home. I'm sure that had something to do with his unwillingness to settle. He loved my cousin Heather. He thought she was the coolest. I think the feeling was mutual. His eczema flared up on his face and he gouged his cheek when trying to itch, while we were on the road. Poor little guy! And then, I gave him some cheese.....which by-the-way he HAS had, and broke out in a rash all over his face. I don't know if it was the type of cheese or what. Thankfully that went away quickly!
We came home a little earlier than planned. I surprised Dylan by showing up a day and a half early. It was kinda fun. Riley laughed and smiled at his daddy, which made daddy's night! We were tired and ready to sleep in our own beds! It was really great to see family that I haven't seen in about 4 years, but it is great to be home and settling into our normal routine.

1 comment:

sabrina said...

Glad things went well, bummer you didn't have batteries for your camera.