Monday, August 24, 2009

Tiffany vs. the Shed...

This was our shed before I went at it yesterday with a sledge hammer and crowbar. We've been wanting to remove the shed since we moved in 2 years ago, but haven't gotten around to it...along with lots of other things. So, since we need it gone to get to the trees that are behind it, I decided to take matters into my own hands and rip into it. There is video of me wielding the tools of destruction, but I'm too embarrassed to post it :)And here we are halfway done.
Ta-da! All done. Now I just have to figure out what to do with the pile of debris, but that's for another day... It does make me happy though that we have a nice large double gate to make the removal process easier. Next thing is tackling the volunteer trees that were growing behind the shed, and pushing on the fence. And of course the weeds, and maybe the 7 pallets of cinder blocks in the backyard. Yikes, we're gonna be busy!
In case you're wondering, I didn't do all of the manual labor by myself. Dylan did help a little :) But, I ain't afraid to get dirty or wield a sledge hammer...

2 comments:

sabrina said...

It looks really good!!!

Emily P. said...

Awesome! We are just alike you and I. I love reading your do it yourself posts. Keep it up girl, it inspires me!