Thursday, November 6, 2008

Fingers and Toes

Just look at their fingers
Look at their toes.
As I stare at my children
I wonder where the time goes.

They're growing so quickly
These children of mine
And I realize how precious
Is every minute of time.

What a blessing to me
These two children are
And I have to give thanks
Because they are mine.

Just look at their fingers
Look at their toes.
May I never forget
How fast the time goes.

-For my children,
Love Mommy

I was feeling a bit sentimental this evening as I fed Riley and after I put the kids to bed ended up writing this poem. I don't think I've written poetry since high school but somehow it just felt right. It's amazing to me how much love one heart can hold. I don't think you can truly understand until you have kids. My monkeys won't understand this for a long time but I can only hope that one day they will experience this feeling for themselves.
Thank you Mom and Dad for helping me become the woman I am today. (See, I told you I was feeling sentimental)

No comments: