Saturday, November 29, 2008

Our Thanksgiving Trip

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year at my parents' house. The weather was great and so was the company. This is my parents' house perched up on the top of the hill. We had plenty of time to relax and enjoy the atmosphere. Mt. Shasta was beautiful. It was great to take a hike and see a view like this. Dylan took this picture on one of his explorations.
Lily enjoyed some quality time with daddy. Don't they look cute?And then there was the Thanksgiving meal. Everything turned out great. Riley, of course, decided that he wanted to eat at the same time...so I got to eat towards the end of the meal=)
The men had to recover after dinner...and watch a little football.

And then all the kids had their slumber party on the living room floor. What fun! Movies and popcorn, how I miss the simple things sometimes...only because I rarely make time for them. Grandpa sure wasn't missing out on one of life simple pleasures though. Grandkids!

So, overall a wonderful trip. The kids were battling colds which kept life interesting. They did great on the car ride...5+ hours is not a piece of cake for a 3 month old and 4 yr. old. It was awesome to be able to spend time with my family, and see all my nieces and nephews, from my side, together. I was very happy to get home though. Riley was too...he got so excited when I took him into his room this afternoon. It was very cute. The cats were happy to see us as well. And Lily couldn't wait to jump into bed tonight. I guess there's nothing like coming home...

No comments: