Sunday, February 1, 2009

I Like It!

My messy boy loved his sweet potatoes! After the first two bites when he was getting used to the flavor and texture, he mowed through the bowl. This is his favorite thing to eat to date. The rice cereal is okay, carrots were okay if they were mixed with rice cereal, sweet potatoes- a hit! Next I am thinking of squash or peas- both are easy for me to make. I actually found out that I liked the taste of sweet potato too! I have never had them plain before, that I can remember. I'm thinking mashed sweet potato will be a new side dish I add into my repertoire.

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

Mmmm...I love sweet potatoes. and I love them even more sprinkled with brown sugar or drizzled with honey! Jackson thinks they're great too. One of his favs.

katie said...

i second the mmmmm.... I love sweet potatoes. They have more vitamins and nutrients than regular potatoes, so I use them most of the time instead of white potatoes, or use a combination of both. Roast them with rosemary, olive oil, and garlic...soooo gooood.