Friday, January 30, 2009

This week...

This week was a busy one. I am making an effort to stay on top of household chores as they come along so I don't get overwhelmed by a massive amount of things to do. I also started fitting exercise into my daily routine. I feel really good about how things went, all in all.

Lily is still a little frustrated by the fact that the TV goes off at 9a.m., but she is getting better. She has been practicing her writing and is getting very good at writing all our names...the one that is hardest for her is Riley. She is also a jabber mouth...wonder where that came from? (I'm told I was quite the talkative child myself) Since the weather has been nice, I've been sending her out to blow bubbles in the backyard and she's being enjoying lunch out there too. She has also gotten 2 bloody noses, 2 nights in a row. Such fun! Really, another growth spurt? Yikes!

Riley is growing quickly as well. His newest thing is grabbing your face so he can talk right to you- it's very cute. He became obsessed with water bottles a few days ago. They are extremely fascinating to him. I can no longer take a drink if I'm nursing because he just wants to play with the water bottle if he sees it =) He is very close to sitting up by himself. Hopefully that will be soon. I tried him on carrots this week, he's not sure about that taste yet. Next time I go grocery shopping I'm going to pick up a sweet potato to see what he thinks of that.

I am going to be busy, busy for the next 2 weeks. I'm having a family get together on the 14th- my gma is turning 75 and there are 4 other Feb. b-days as well. I'm looking forward to it, but there is a lot to be done...

No comments: