Monday, January 19, 2009

Lily and the Snuggie...

It has become very apparent to me that I allow my eldest child to watch wayyyyy, way, way, too much T.V. We are making an effort to change this. It is a battle for me as well. I keep the t.v. on for Lily and as background noise all day long and sit down and watch through out the day. Not very productive for me. Anyhow, Lily is now beginning to comment on commercials and wanting everything from Snuggies to Aquaglobes. She also points out everything she sees that we own or use, be it toothpaste or toiletpaper. It can be quite entertaining at times but a little disturbing as well.
She lately has become attached to the Snuggie commercial. For those of you wondering, what the heck am I talking about, it is basically a blanket with sleeves (or a robe you wear backwards without a belt).And what did Daddy buy her today? A Snuggie! Couldn't believe it. He just thought it would be the funniest thing. It was pretty cute watching her pull it out of the bag, but really Dylan?
As you can see from the picture, she's excited.So now we have a Snuggie...woo-hoo? The t.v. was off most of the day and I got so much more done than normal, even with a grumpy baby today. I turned on my radio and listened to talk radio while I worked. Nice background noise. I love Clark Howard and Dr. Laura. Clark does financial stuff so that's informative and fun to listen to. I just have to create a different routine. But, I did good today, yay! Tomorrow, more of the same. Lily did well once she realized the t.v. wasn't coming on, no matter how many times she asked. It's better for us this way...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was really excited.