Saturday, January 17, 2009

Mom, you have a green face!

The look on Lily's face this evening when she noticed I had applied a green facial mask was priceless! I must confess, I wanted a reaction from her. She didn't disappoint. She was just so confused as to why mommy had a green face. Well, here's why...
Mommy, decided to finish out her girly, pampered day with a facial mask. I took a much needed break today and left both children with their grandmother for a couple hours. I then joined my sister-in-law and one of her friends at the mall and had my makeup done at the Benefits counter. That was fun! It has been a while since I've done much more than slap the basics on my face. Only thing I regret was not telling the girl to go for a more natural look. I've done the heavy eye(in years past) and have morphed to a softer look for the most part. I ended up taking off half the eye shadow when I got home because I kept jolting everytime I looked in the mirror.
After makeup, I splurged more and bought myself a shirt. I know, I know, CRAZY, huh? Anyhow, I decided while Lily was getting into her pj's that a mask would probably be a nice cap to my day. It was. I am feeling good. I needed the down time and the pampering. I feel a little guilty, but I know that this day was good for my spirits and I can be a better mommy because I took the time to relax!
Something else I learned today, I can still take Dylan to work on occasion and it isn't a huge hassle. I haven't attempted the 3 a.m. trek since Riley was born, he did fabulous! I took him out of his car seat when we got home, plopped him in bed and he went right back to sleep. What a relief. Lily went right back to sleep too. It went so smoothly. I really didn't think that it would. Nice to know for the future...

No comments: