Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Betty Crocker I ain't !!

While I usually do a decent job cooking and baking, this time not so much. Dylan requested chocolate cupcakes so I said "Sure honey, I can do that". Well, lessons were learned this time around. ALWAYS, ALWAYS make sure your cupcakes are cooled completely before frosting them and sticking them under the cake dome, especially if it's summer and hot. Otherwise you'll end up with frosting that just melts. Thankfully that made them less appealing to me so I wasn't tempted to eat anymore than the one I had right after baking them :P There's always an upside! Dylan could care less. He puts his cakes and cupcakes in a bowl anyway and pours milk on them (weird I know). He just scraped the frosting off the bottom and ate them anyway. All for the love of chocolate....
Just to prove that I do have some skills with baking, here is a picture of Lily's birthday cake that I did last year. Not too bad huh?

2 comments:

Rhiannon Bosse said...

I think the cake looks great Tiff!! Nice work. That pink is so pretty. And yes frosting can be a big jerk sometimes, I get too excited and frost my cupcakes too early on occasion! Patience is so key with frosting :)

theUngourmet said...

Yeah, I have to keep my cupcakes in the fridge right now.

It's 95 today!