Monday, December 1, 2008

Something fun...


My house smells wonderful from all the gingerbread I have been baking the past couple days. Lily and I made these silly things with the leftover dough from our gingerbread house. You see, we have a competition, for best gingerbread house, in a few weeks and Dylan and I are taking things to another level. We are baking our own house this year. This means practice, practice, practice for me. I am searching for the best recipe, the best design- anything to help us out and give us an edge. Silly, I know, to be going through all this for a friendly competition. But what can I say- I'M COMPETITIVE!! The last few times we have done this, we failed pretty miserably. Our houses did not turn out as we expected. This year, it's all about planning...hopefully. My preliminary design is in need of a few adjustments. Dylan is unsure of a few design elements. I am thinking of this house as a rough draft. We will have fun decorating it with Lily as she is not coming to the gingerbread party- that's a mommy and daddy party...yeah. Anyway, the whole process has been pretty fun, which is what it's all about when you get down to it. Now, more planning =)

2 comments:

Emily P. said...

Oh how fun! I'm so jealous. You must post pictures of your creation so that I can see it. Hope you guys have a blast doing it.

missy poo said...

OMG...Everyone better watch out!!! Donny just looked at the picture and said they are going to win!